Position: QC Technician
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: QA Manager
Division / Location: Vehicle Division, 220 Bergey Court New Hamburg, Ontario Shift: Days
Start Date: ASAP
The QC Technician perform repetitive operational or final bench inspections and tests of parts and products. This role follows standardized methods using direct reading and adjustable gauges, test sets, checking fixtures and precision measuring instruments and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Perform inspections on a variety of parts and products for dimensional accuracy to drawings, specifications or other inspection data
- Apply a broad knowledge of inspection practices and procedures
- Use of variety of measuring instruments and equipment
- Interpret complex drawings, specifications and other technical data
- Approve or reject parts
- Identify nonconformances and follow proper recording procedures
- Problem solve using root cause analysis for corrective action and elimination of root cause
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Comply with the OHSA regulations as well as company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary education in Quality Assurance
Work Experience Requirements:
Working knowledge of CMM an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Process management experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Integrity and Accountability
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Motivation & Empowerment
- Building Alignment
- Driving Results
- Team Oriented
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
Other Job Requirements:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Ability to work independently or with a cross-functional team.
- Attention to detail, able to work efficiently and with accuracy while faced with interruptions.
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Discretion and integrity are required in safeguarding confidential matters such as pricing, costing, customer business practices, product books, and corporate direction and policy.
- Demonstrate experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
Physical activities of the job include:
- Standing for long periods of time
- Repetitive Motions
Production floor environment. There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.