Position: Press Operator
Number of Positions: 1
Reports to: Fabrication Supervisor
Division / Location: Vehicle Division, 220 Bergey Court New Hamburg, Ontario Shift: Days
Start Date: ASAP
Set up and run machines to produce parts for Argo vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Read and interpret blueprints or process specifications;
- Adjust dies, equipment and tooling according to blueprint specifications;
- Maintain all fixturing to ensure specified quality standards;
- Operate manual equipment to make parts as per blueprints;
- Follow one-piece flow criteria;
- Monitor and maintain two bin system – ensuring no part shortages occur;
- Perform quality checks
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area;
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or experience equivalent
Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience operating Iron worker, presses, CNC drill equipment and various machines preferred;
- Experience operating Vernier scale and height gauges to plan and lay out parts as per blueprint preferred
- Use of hand or power tools such as grinders, hammers, drills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Driving Results
- Attendance and Punctuality
Other Job Requirements:
- Outstanding communication, negotiations and presentation skills is a must have.
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
Lifting up to 40 lbs regularly, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual activity, work cycle repeats.
Production floor environment. There is exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Potential for extreme heat during summer months.
Interested candidates should apply directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.